Job Position - Farmers Market Staff
We are always looking for additional marketeers to help out at our farmers markets. We attend seven markets throughout San Francisco, San Mateo County, and Santa Cruz. We ask farmers market staff to meet our truck 2 hours before market, unload and create displays, then sell high quality veggies to our loyal customers. This is a really fun job for someone with fantastic customer service skills, positive attitude, and interest in local organic food.
• Handle cash, make change, quick math without a calculator
• Keep detailed sales records
• Represent the farm to customers, other farms and market managers
• Unload truck and set up/tear down market stall alongside other staff
• Positive attitude, outgoing personality and strong work ethic
• Great organizational skills and standard of cleanliness
• Reliable transportation to/from your market
• Interest in organic farming and gardening practices a plus
• Retail experience, ideally in farmers markets or specialty grocery a plus
• Be prepared to start work early on weekends
• Must be able to lift 50# from floor to chest and stand for 5 hours
$13/hr + Veggies/Trade
• Send a brief cover letter and resume email to email@example.com
• Please answer the following questions in your cover email:
• Please specify what length of time you are able to commit for.
• What is your relevant experience?
• Why do you want to work at our farmers' markets?
• Do you have reliable transportation?
• What is your favorite variety of Kale?